Macmahon’s graduate program lays an unbeatable foundation for a successful career. With multiple operations in WA, QLD and southeast Asia, the learning opportunities are limitless.
With over 60 years of experience, Macmahon is an ASX listed mining contractor with a unique capability of offering its clients surface, underground and mining support services.
- 2 year open pit or 3 year underground program options
- Complete the required field time to support obtaining a Quarry Manager’s / First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate
- Develop technical expertise to excel as an Engineer
- Develop soft skills to excel professionally
- Experience different mining methods
- Demonstrate your ability to focus, learn, contribute and become future Engineers and Leaders at Macmahon
The ideal candidate
- Mining Engineering degree (or equivalent) – to be completed by Feb 2024
- Flexibility to work 8/6 or 2/1 FIFO rosters – depending on rotation
- Willingness to travel to various mine sites across Australia
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong safety orientation
- A desire to learn and challenge yourself
- An unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Competitive salary and rewards
- A highly sought after structured, rotational Graduate Program
- The opportunity to work at a number of different sites
- The opportunity to experience a number of different commodities
- Career development pathways and opportunities
- Award-winning lifestyle, financial and mental health support
- Employee discounts: groceries, petrol, fashion, entertainment + more
Macmahon is a diversified contractor with leading capabilities in surface and underground mining, civil construction and resources engineering. Our end-to-end mining services encompass mine development and materials delivery, engineering, civil construction, on-site mining services, rehabilitation and site remediation. As an ASX-listed company, with headquarters in Perth, we work for major resource companies across various commodity sectors in Australia and Southeast Asia.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
As part of the recruitment process for the role you may be required to complete a pre-employment medical, inclusive of a laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks. Additionally, you will have to provide proof of working rights in Australia i.e. copy of valid Australian passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current visa grant notification.