Underground Nipper and Truck Operators
Pit N Portal currently have multiple opportunities for experienced and entry-level Underground Nipper and Truck Operators to join the PNP family across various sites in the Goldfields region. Working a 2 & 1 or 2 & 2 roster.
The Underground Nipper and Truck Operator roles at Pit N Portal will provide a genuine opportunity to learn, develop and further progress your career, whilst working alongside experienced, dedicated, and passionate industry professionals in an environment that is collaborative, dynamic and outcome focused. Safety of our people is at the forefront of everything we do.
This position offers:
- 2 & 1 or 2 & 2 roster – choose your lifestyle!
- FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Kalgoorlie/Kambalda, with camp-based accommodation and residential opportunities available
- Competitive rates with superannuation paid on all hours
- Great team culture and small crews!
- Ongoing development and career progression opportunities
- Discounted private health insurance, lifestyle benefits and a wide range of salary sacrifice options
Key responsibilities include:
- Safely and efficiently operate underground dump trucks to ensure operational targets are met
- Accept, haul and dump materials loaded by Bogger
- Conduct pre-starts on equipment prior to operation
- Assist Jumbo Operator
- Assist with ground support installation
- Identify and report potential hazards immediately to Supervisor
Please note: these positions will involve both Nipper and Truck Duties - and will not be limited to one single role. These roles are highly physically demanding and involve a high degree of repetitive tasks. Please consider this prior to applying.
Required skills / experience & attributes:
- Recent and relevant experience working in an underground mining - highly desirable
- Previous work experience in a manual labour-intensive role – i.e.; farming, trades, offsider, labourer, etc.
- Valid "C" Class Driver's Licence
- Working at Heights Certificate and Dangerous Goods Security Card - Essential
- Strong work ethic and commitment towards safety
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- National Police Clearance within 6 months of issue date
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screen
- Unrestricted Working Rights within Australia
How To Apply
Shortlisting will begin immediately, hit 'Apply Now'
About Pit N Portal
Pit N Portal, a member of the Emeco Group (ASX:EHL), is an Australian based mining services company headquartered in Perth, Western Australia. Established locally in 2002, Pit N Portal is a recognised industry leader in the provision of comprehensive and diverse, whole-of-mine solutions to the hard-rock mining sector nationally. Visit www.pitnportal.com.au for more information.
Joining Pit N Portal is joining a team and an organisation that is serious about investing in its most important asset, our people, to support and promote career development and progression, as well as satisfy the growing demand for our business.
With a proud history of hard work, accomplishment, and success, with an even brighter future ahead, Pit N Portal is an excellent choice for those who are talented, hardworking, and seeking a rewarding career within the industry.