Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end-to-end service to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of civil work, surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Due to our ongoing growth, Macmahon is currently seeking enthusiastic and experienced people to join the team at the King of the Hills (KOTH) mine located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia, 28km north of Leonora. Macmahon has secured a five-year Surface and Underground mining contract with RED 5 Ltd. The mine anticipates annual production above 200kozpa. KOTH is Australia’s next major Gold Mine, which will feature state-of-the-art technology, 85% new plant and brand-new camp facilities.
Macmahon is committed to attracting high potential employees and believe that our people define our competitive edge in the marketplace, driving our growth. We are currently seeking an experienced Auto Electricians on a 2:2 roster with responsibilities not limited to:
• Carrying out scheduled and breakdown maintenance to a variety of our mobile heavy plant;
• Conducting preventive maintenance inspections.
• Ensuring that maintenance standards are kept at a high quality;
• Identifying opportunities for improvement in the equipment or work procedures;
• Keeping appropriate maintenance records; and
• Maintaining high level of housekeeping in your work area.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience
• Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within underground / mine site environment.
• Applicable Australian Recognised Trade Certificate
• Demonstrated experience working on a range of heavy-duty mobile plant, including: Sandvik Drills & Loaders, Epiroc Trucks, Volo Integrated Tool Carriers & Ancillary Equipment
• Exceptional diagnostic and fault finding skills
• Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Current Manual C Class Drivers Licence.
• Current ARC Refrigeration Licence.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.