About the role:
We are currently seeking a Coal Handling and Processing Plant (CHPP) Electrical Engineer to join our Metropolitan Mine. Our Metropolitan mine is an underground coal mining operation located 30 kilometers north of Wollongong in Helensburgh, NSW producing metallurgical coal for export and domestic customers.
This role will report to the CHPP Manager and will be assisting with supervising all personnel involved in maintenance of the CHPP. The role is responsible for all scoping, planning, execution and reporting of maintenance and engineering project work at our Metropolitan CHPP.
Duties will include:
- Ownership of the CHPP electrical infrastructure and performance, ensuring availability KPI’s are met.
- Support the operations team with breakdowns and improvement initiatives.
- Co-ordination of all electrical activities relating to production and maintenance activities in the CHPP area of the mine
- Project work as required, particularly scoping up electrical requirements, liaising with third party engineers and supervision of site works.
- High Voltage cables, plant and switchgear installation, commissioning, recovery and maintenance
- Low Voltage machinery and equipment installation, commissioning and maintenance
- Plant procurement, site acceptance, installation, maintenance and disposal
- Assist in general supervision of all maintenance activities within the CHPP areas, including mechanical and structural maintenance.
- Supervision of multi-disciplined contractors during weekly scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Co-ordination of communication equipment installation, commissioning, maintenance. This includes telephones, radio system, fibre optic cabling systems and cameras
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a suitable skills matrix and corresponding training package for electrical operators and maintenance personnel.
- Assistance with incident investigation in process area as required
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday roster and can allow for a residential lifestyle.
- Exceptional relocation benefits with a possible lump sum payment of one month's salary
- Employee assistance program available for yourself and immediate family
- Novated vehicle leasing available.
- Health and lifestyle benefits (WHEREFIT).
- Employee recognition program
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an electrician and 2 years in a supervisory or engineering role in an industrial environment, including experience working with fixed plant. Experience working at a CHPP will be highly regarded. You will hold an electrical trade qualification, and a post-trade engineering qualification will be highly regarded.
Peabody is a leading coal producer, providing essential products for the production of affordable, reliable energy and steel. We employ around 5,500 people across our operations in the United States and Australia, serving customers in 26 countries.
Our commitment to sustainability underpins everything we do and shapes our strategy for the future. We have set a company-wide ambition to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
People are at the core of Peabody’s ability to deliver business results and serve our communities and we offer an inclusive work environment that engages, recognises, and develops it employees. We strive to create a safe and healthy work culture where all employees are treated with fairness and respect and are supported and engaged.
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at Peabody Jobs (Peabody Jobs (peabodyenergy.com))