DISCOVER A BRIGHTER FUTURE
At South32, we’re meeting the challenge of enabling a sustainable future through our focus on responsibly producing commodities critical for a low-carbon world.
As a collaborative, caring and inclusive company, there’s no better place to make a genuine difference. Together we’re making a positive, global impact that has the potential to change lives.
Whatever career path you choose, we’ll support you every step of the way to learn, grow and succeed. So join us, step towards a brighter future and leave your legacy.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Annual short-term incentive bonus that recognises both your individual performance and the overall success of the business
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans
- Options for additional superannuation contributions
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a permanent position on a 7:7 roster, FIFO from Darwin/Cairns.
As the Specialist Communications, you will integrate Communication Systems that enable continuous operations of GEMCO’s mining and dispatching facilities. In addition, you will continuously identify and implement initiatives in collaboration with Technology and Business teams.
Key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Liaise with other stakeholders across the operation to ensure timely, accurate and cost-effective delivery of projects
- Manage contractors and third parties in implementing and support of technology systems through support agreements
- Develop plans and execute tasks to support deployed technologies and technology services
- Provide technical input in solving processing problems. Front-line fault diagnosis
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Experience working in a similar role within the mining or heavy industry
- Knowledge of collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring systems i.e. Hexagon
- Experience with LTE (long term evolution) and other wireless communication solutions
- Motorola DMR and Modular fleet management experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Hold a current C class driver’s licence
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices and driving safety improvements
South32 is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we operate. We provide a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This job advert will close on 29th February 2024.