South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal produces premium-quality, hard coking coal for steelmaking, which is transported within Australia and around the world. We operate two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Education assistance up to $8000 per year
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a permanent full-time position based at the Regional Operations Centre, Port Kembla Coal Terminal in Wollongong, NSW. You will spend a significant portion of your week at our Dendrobium and Appin operations.
As the Injury & Wellbeing Coordinator, you will specialist support and advice to operations-based teams on health management aspects including injury management.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Managing both work related and non-work related injuries (physical & psychological)
- Building relationships and working collaboratively with injured workers, site management, and treatment providers to drive rehabilitation goals
- Ensuring tasks and activities are followed through as set out in RTW plans and case conferences
- Maintaining medical records for all personnel onsite
- Support wellbeing programs onsite (Mental Health, Wellness programs etc)
Ideally you will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Ability to develop strong relationships and rapport with multiple stakeholders
- Experience or working knowledge of Case Management or Return to Work role
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Sound knowledge of NSW State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) and workers’ compensation legislative standards and guidelines
- Time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines & adapt to change with minimal supervision
Qualifications for this position are:
- Allied Health professional - preferred
- SIRA RTW Accreditation
- Current unrestricted drivers’ licence
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job advert will close on Friday 1st December 2023.