Coordinator Plant Maintenance
We encourage women and Indigenous Peoples to apply, as we advance our business to more accurately reflect the world around us.
- Local, Residential opportunity in Tom Price
- Family friendly roster | 8 days on, 6 days off – Day shift only
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- The perfect balance, our roster gives you more time for the things that are important in your life and to your family and community
Where we’re all welcome
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We acknowledge that all people are different and believe that our differences are our strength. The diversity of skills, life experiences and perspectives within our team enhances our way of working and our ability to achieve success together
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We currently have an opportunity available for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to step into a Coordinator role to support out high performing Plant Maintenance team in Tom Price.
This is a great opportunity for motivated, safety conscious individual who is seeking a development pathway into a frontline leadership role.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well. With signature leadership training programmes, growing, and developing is more than an opportunity – it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our rosters are designed to help you live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family.
Reporting to the HG Maintenance Supervisor Fixed Plant and working in a challenging and exciting environment within the Plant Maintenance team you will be:
- Allocating tasks to crew members at the commencement of the shift in accordance with the daily plan, and throughout the shift in response to changes to work priorities
- Ensuring shift members and contractors understand and comply with HSE working procedures
- Assisting in identify training and development needs for team members and provide feedback to the Supervisor
- Recommending changes to the Supervisor that impact the production of the shift; address to negate problems, or capitalize on opportunities, and carry out those changes once approved
- Assisting the Supervisor to conduct performance reviews by providing input to team members’ performance
- Undertaking acting duties when the Supervisor is absent and liaising with other departments in a professional manner
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A current C Class driver’s license
- Relevant trade qualification, with strong and demonstrated knowledge of fixed plant equipment, breakdown management experience
- Leadership experience and confidence in leading, developing, and coaching team members
- Have experience with SAP and a healthy knowledge of Work Management.
- An uncompromising positive safety attitude
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable liaising with various stakeholders
- Be highly self-motivated and being able to demonstrate a history of continuous improvement
What we offer
- Be recognised for your contribution, you’re thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Full relocation provided to Western Australia from elsewhere in Australia
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive bonus
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave, cultural leave)
- Work on Country with a residential role which offers company housing and financial support with living expenses including rent and utilities (power and water).
- To better suit different family needs, our paid parental leave approach gives all parents the option to take 18 weeks of paid leave after a new child arrives – at a time that suits them
- Exclusive employee discounts including hotel stays, banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more.
We are committed to elevating Indigenous voices and increasing cultural knowledge in our business. Diversity of skills, life experiences and perspectives within our team enhances our way of working and our ability to achieve success together. To help you on your journey with us, you’ll also have access to:
- Specialist Indigenous Support Advisors are always there for our Indigenous employees and available to support through any aspect of your employment
- Dedicated Indigenous Talent Programme for our Operators and Tradespersons and entry level operational roles. This programme is designed to create long term sustainable careers for our Indigenous Employees to grow into leadership or technical pathways to ensure you have every opportunity to grow your career.
- Indigenous leadership programmes across some professional and operational roles to ensure that we are developing Indigenous Leaders.
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for almost 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents.
Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
This role will be a local hire only, and therefore you must be currently residing or willing to relocate to Tom Price. For more information about Tom Price, before you consider this move please visit: https://www.ashburton.wa.gov.au/tour/tom-price.aspx
Tom Price is in the central Pilbara, west of Karijini National Park and is our original Pilbara mine, currently employing residential and fly in fly out employees. It is known as one of the most attractive towns in the Pilbara with a high school, two primary schools a hospital and a high standard of recreational facilities.
Applications close on the 23rd of February 2024 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).