Diesel Fitters – Gove, NT
- The perfect balance, our roster gives you more time for the things that are important in your life and to your family and community
- Vibrant community with excellent facilities and company provided housing
- Unique and culturally diverse location – Gove, Nhulunbuy - Northern Territory
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for Diesel Fitters to join our Team at our Gove operations. You’ll be maintaining our heavy mobile fleet in a workshop based role. Whether you’re new to your profession or experienced in your field, and whatever industry you have exposure to, we have opportunities that will provide interesting work and growth opportunities for everyone.
You’ll be part of a friendly team, supported by your Supervisor to grow and achieve your own personal goals as well as the goals of the team. You’ll work a 4 on 4 off roster which will give you more time to spend on the things that are important to you and the people in your life.
Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance - Mining, and working 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 night on, 4 days off, you will be:
- Carrying out scheduled and breakdown maintenance activities across a range of mining and auxiliary equipment;
- Carrying out scheduled component change outs and machine mid-life overhauls;
- Working as part of the maintenance department to meet present and future needs of the Gove Operation;
- Ensuring that maintenance is of a high quality and re-work is not required;
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement to drive reliability best practice;
What you’ll bring
- Diesel Fitting or similar trade qualification
- Experience maintaining mobile plant equipment (trucks, dozers and loaders)
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- Willingness to work in different shift patterns if required
- Ability to work autonomously and without direct supervision
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
What we offer
- Domestic relocation assistance
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents.
Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
Our Gove site in Australia’s Northern Territory has been supplying the global aluminium industry with world-class bauxite for more than 40 years.
Gove bauxite is shipped internationally as well as domestically to supply Queensland Alumina Limited and Yarwun refineries in Gladstone, Queensland. These refineries produce alumina as feedstock for our Australian aluminium smelting operations and for sale on the international market.
We expect our bauxite mining operations in the Gove Peninsula will cease later this decade and we are doing significant work to support closure of the operation.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.