About BHP Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
About the role
We are seeking Diesel Fitters for a number of our sites in the Bowen Basin (Blackwater, Goonyella, Peak Downs & Saraji).
Your primary duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Preventative and breakdown maintenance of all mobile equipment by running diagnostics testing and servicing diesel engine vehicles
- Identifying and rectifying faults during inspections
- Oil changes, testing engine safety, part upgrades, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventative maintenance and repairing faults
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way
- Demonstrate a focus on safety, achievement and team engagement in all aspects of work
We are looking for the following:
- Previous experience repairing and maintaining CAT, Hitachi, Komatsu or Liebherr heavy mining equipment
- Previous experience repairing excavators and drills be highly regarded, but not essential
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- A high commitment to safety, quality and attention to detail and procedure
- The ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- A strong desire to learn and a high level of enthusiasm to develop a range of new skills
- A teamwork mentality to achieve results
- Sound technical knowledge
The smaller team structure in BHP Operations Services allow us to create authentic connection between crews and supervisors with a passion to delivery high quality work and a genuine focus on safety.
What is on offer?
- Permanent employment with BHP with all the benefits of full-time work
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity to take over current 482 sponsorship visas
- Funded flights to Moranbah, from Cairns and Townsville
- Funded flights to Moranbah, Emerald & Rockhampton from Brisbane
- Fully funded flights from Cairns or Townsville to Mackay
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous share match scheme
- Various leave options
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program
This is your opportunity to join a team with genuine career and learning opportunities, in a secure permanent position. Make your next step secure and take your career to the next level. Apply today and be part of the BHP family. Regionally based candidates encouraged to apply.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.