DISCOVER A BRIGHTER FUTURE
At South32, we’re meeting the challenge of enabling a sustainable future through our focus on responsibly producing commodities critical for a low-carbon world.
As a collaborative, caring and inclusive company, there’s no better place to make a genuine difference. Together we’re making a positive, global impact that has the potential to change lives.
Whatever career path you choose, we’ll support you every step of the way to learn, grow and succeed. So join us, step towards a brighter future and leave your legacy.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Annual short-term incentive bonus that recognises both your individual performance and the overall success of the business.
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Education assistance up to $8000 per year
- Options for additional superannuation contributions
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a permanent position on a 7:7 day/night roster, FIFO from Darwin or Cairns.
As the Emergency Services Officer, you will pay a key part of the Emergency Services team to provide essential services across the GEMCO operation and the community. This includes emergency preparedness and emergency management activities.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Provide acute injury management and facilitate telemedicine for employees and contractors
- Provide drug and alcohol testing services to the site
- Coordinate security operations in conjunction with a private security company and NT Police
- Provide emergency response on behalf of GEMCO across; Firefighting, Emergency medical, Road crash rescue, Vertical and Confined space rescue, Hazardous materials, incident and hazard reduction activities
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Solid experience in Emergency Response
- Be passionate and committed to workplace safety
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborating with others and creating trust among team members
Qualifications for this position are:
- Certificate III Mines Emergency Response and Rescue or equivalent
- Certificate IV Health Care (Ambulance) or equivalent
- Drug and alcohol testing and collection
- Medium rigid licence
South32 is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we operate. We provide a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This job advert will close on 15th February 2024.