South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Annual short-term incentive bonus that recognises both your individual performance and the overall success of the business.
- Education assistance up to $8000 per year
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval and scenic walking tracks
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a permanent position on a 4:3 roster, FIFO from Darwin/Cairns or residential on Groote Eylandt. Domestic relocation assistance to Alyangula, Darwin, or Cairns from anywhere in Australia provided.
Reporting to the Vice President Operations GEMCO, you will provide leadership, expertise and direction that ensures that Engineering & Capital Works effectively delivers required technical support to the operation and effectively develops and executes the capital projects plan.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Deliver engineering services to the GEMCO Operation ensuring that engineering tasks and work requests are professionally and efficiently executed, and a strong governance role is established
- Oversee the safe, timely and on-budget execution of all projects within the site capital project portfolio including ensuring the appropriate leadership structures, resources and suppliers are in place to deliver the portfolio
- Ensure compliance of project management activities such as cost estimates, project schedules and performance reporting with the South32 Project Management Framework, Investment Standard, and other relevant requirements
- Provide input into long-term planning (Life of Asset, medium-term plan, 2-year budget and short-range forecast).
- Establish plans, budgets, and performance targets for the Engineering sub-functions in line with Operational requirements and standards and ensure delivery against them.
- Provide risk management leadership through risk and control ownership for key operational risks at the GEMCO operation
- Provide Asset Management leadership through the management of the site-wide development and delivery of the operation’s Strategic Asset Management Plan
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Extensive experience in leading capital projects portfolios managing both project planning phases and project controls throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Experience in capital project management and control from $10M to $50M
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or relevant experience in an associated Engineering discipline
- Strong knowledge of Community, Safety, Sustainability, and relevant statutory Regulations
- Strong track record of successfully completed projects in the mining industry
- Computer Literacy skills including MS Project, 1SAP, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Management capabilities spanning Operational, Maintenance and Technical work groups
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job advert will close on Friday 24th November 2023.