Peabody is the leading coal producer, providing essential products for the production of affordable, reliable energy and steel. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products. Peabody is guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability.
About the role:
We are currently seeking Drill/Excavator Fitters at our Coppabella Mine. Our Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of three open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometres southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverised coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the scope of your role will be to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and adherence to safe and efficient work practices.
Duties will include:
- Compliance with site Safety and Health Management system requirements (including risk management, SOP’s, permits, work instructions etc.).
- Prioritise and undertake specified and/or general work to the required standard and within timeframes
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthy work environment.
- Minimise production downtime.
- Participate in shift change, site meetings, communications or reporting requirements to the required standard.
- Actively engage in the in the Peabody Continuous Improvement Program.
This position is offered on a 7 Days On and 7 Days Off roster and can allow for a residential (Moranbah or Nebo), DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
The successful candidate will hold a recognized Mechanical Trade Qualification and have experience in an open cut mining maintenance environment. You will also have:
- A strong commitment to workplace safety procedures and disciplines.
- Strong experience working on field equipment including but not limited to Caterpillar 6060 and Hitachi Hydraulic excavators, Cat, Reich and Epiroc overburden drills, Pit dewatering pumps and Auxillary support equipment.
- Ability to provide technical support on excavators and drills to other team members and support service day execution safely and efficiently.
- Experience with Marion 8200 dragline, P&H Electric rope shovels is highly regarded.
- Experience with defect inspections and scoping, SAP work management systems.
- A Continuous Improvement commitment, best practice methodology and a positive attitude towards change.
- An ability to utilize a broad skill set including 24v electrical diagnosis and repair.
- 3+ years Mining maintenance experience.
- Motivated and hard working with a professional attitude.
- High Risk Work Licence (e.g., Forklift, EWP, Non-Slew Crane), HR Truck Licence, Working at heights/Confined spaces.
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at Peabody.
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career with us.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or click apply now.
Peabody is an Equal Opportunity Employer.