Fixed Plant Planner
We encourage women and Indigenous Peoples to apply, as we advance our business to more accurately reflect the world around us.
- Work and live where family friendly flexibility is encouraged, surrounded by the coastal lifestyle!
- Residential | Dampier location (Preferred) or FIFO
- 5 days on; 2 days off / 4 days on; 3 days off | every other weekend is a long weekend – more time to spend on the things that are important to you and the people in your life!
- Permanent employment which includes attractive salary, annual bonuses and a huge range of additional benefits, designed to make your life better!
Where we’re all welcome
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us who we are.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We acknowledge that all people are different and believe that our differences are our strength. The diversity of skills, life experiences and perspectives within our team enhances our way of working and our ability to achieve success together.
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Fixed Plant Planner to join the Planning & Scheduling team at our Dampier Port, to help us excel at safely maintaining our Fixed Plant Assets through effective preparation and delivery of maintenance plans.
This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is seeking a rewarding role.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Senior Planner and working in a dynamic and exciting environment, you will be responsible for
- Detailed planning of jobs in SAP, capturing improvement changes, developing estimations of resource requirements and costs, and ordering parts and materials.
- Prioritizing work with Supervisors, Superintendents, Reliability Coordinators, and external departments, utilizing your considerable stakeholder and relationship building skills.
- Optimization of maintenance tasks to safely reduce maintenance durations that streamline task execution.
- Understand & work with LTP’s in Zero Based Budget development.
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement and ensure there is effective communication of the plans to ensure appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
What You’ll Bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering background with experience in maintenance of Fixed Plant Assets.
- Proven experience using SAP.
- Experience with executing, scheduling, or planning Fixed Plant maintenance activities.
- Apply Fixed Plant knowledge to improve asset reliability & maintainability.
- Working knowledge of Fixed Plant Assets (such as Conveyors, Car Dumpers, Reclaimers, Shiploaders, and Stackers), is highly desirable.
- Work management knowledge – Six Step Model
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, and Word).
- Current Australian C Class Driver’s License.
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills.
- Able to be proactive, flexible, and work independently.
- Highly organized individual with great record keeping.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Complex problem-solving skills and able to deliver solutions.
What we offer
- Be recognised for your contribution, you’re thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Full relocation provided to Western Australia from elsewhere in Australia
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive bonus
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave, cultural leave)
- Work on Country with a residential role which offers company housing and financial support with living expenses including rent and utilities (power and water).
- To better suit different family needs, our paid parental leave approach gives all parents the option to take 18 weeks of paid leave after a new child arrives – at a time that suits them
- Exclusive employee discounts including hotel stays, banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more.
We are committed to elevating Indigenous voices and increasing cultural knowledge in our business. Diversity of skills, life experiences and perspectives within our team enhances our way of working and our ability to achieve success together. To help you on your journey with us, you’ll also have access to:
- Specialist Indigenous Support Advisors are always there for our Indigenous employees and available to support through any aspect of your employment
- Dedicated Indigenous Talent Programme for our Operators and Tradespersons and entry level operational roles. This programme is designed to create long term sustainable careers for our Indigenous Employees to grow into leadership or technical pathways to ensure you have every opportunity to grow your career.
- Indigenous leadership programmes across some professional and operational roles to ensure that we are developing Indigenous Leaders.
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for almost 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents.
Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Who we are
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
Our port facilities consist of four shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading.
The successful candidate (if residential) will be required to reside in Karratha or Dampier.
To find out more, check out the following link: https://karratha.wa.gov.au/
You will just love that sea change and everything our beautiful WA coastline has to offer.
Alternatively, a family friendly 5 days on; 2 days off / 4 days on; 3 days off Fly in; Fly out roster will be available from Perth only.
Applications close on Friday the 23rd of February 2024 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).