Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end-to-end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, we offer exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
We have a requirement for an Underground Fitter to join our Fosterville Cable Bolting project on a 7/7 roster.
About the Position;
- FIFO ex any capital city
- 7/7 Roster
- Residential based - Bendigo and surrounds
- Attractive hourly rates
- Permanent, long-term opportunity with 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Macmahon is a Registered RTO - we can offer further training opportunities and career development!
Skills & Experience Required:
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence (minimum)
- Experience working on Atlas Copco & Sandvik Drill rigs (ideal)
- Proven experience in the repairs and maintenance of heavy earthmoving equipment underground
- Breakdown repairs and servicing of heavy mining equipment
- Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical systems
- Maintain maintenance data on a daily basis
- Sound planning and organisational skills
This is an opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic, approachable, and friendly team within a well reputed organisation.
Successful applicants will be required to pass a full Pre-Employment Medical including drug & alcohol screening and obtain a National Police Clearance. Additionally, you will be required to provide proof of working rights in Australia, i.e. a copy of your valid Australian passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current visa grant notification.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.