- Apply your HR knowledge in a true generalist role with opportunity to drive change
- Develop your career in a collaborative, fast-paced, global organisation
- Based at Bell Bay, Launceston
About the role
We are looking for an HR Adviser to coach and advise operational based leaders to ensure the effective implementation of Rio Tinto Human Resource policies, systems and programs.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a true collaborator, a trusted advisor and HR innovator. Reporting to the HR Team Lead, you will be:
- Managing employee relations matters and providing advice to customers with a focus on early intervention
- Driving change with a focus on continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Developing and embedding of HR procedures, systems, templates and reporting mechanisms
- Building Leader capability in HR systems and processes including cyclical processes
- Facilitating organisational change through to HR systems and processes
- Leading HR projects with exceptional attention to detail and out of the box thinking
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience in human resources with a comprehensive knowledge of generalist HR activities
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian Employment Law framework and best practice application of relevant legislation
- Extensive experience in investigations and advising on performance management practices
- Ability to provide HR services on site with experience in utilising technology platforms to facilitate strong relationships with the broader HR team
- Resilience and the ability to thrive in a continuous improvement culture and have a strong commitment to team-based processes and outcomes
- Capacity and versatility to operate in a large organisation which involves delivering business objectives remotely and across a diverse workforce
- Excellent interpersonal influencing, coaching, communication, negotiation and consultation skills.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more.
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for almost 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you will be working
People Experience provide HR advisory, global mobility, talent acquisition and recruitment, employee relations, remuneration and performance services to leaders, employees & HR business partners.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change. Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.