HR Team Leader, PX Bauxite
- HR leader who has strong influencing and project delivery capability
- We offer competitive compensation, benefits and flexible work arrangements
- Permanent full-time role, based in Weipa, Queensland
About the role
As a result of internal promotion, we are looking for a HR Team Leader to lead a team of HR professional who support Aluminium Operations in Australia.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for developing people, is a true collaborator, a trusted advisor and HR innovator. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be:
- Partnering with HRBP’s to identify and prioritise people priorities to support the business strategy and HR Operational delivery.
- Participating or Leading multiple cross-functional initiatives, providing HR subject matter expert input and project leadership.
- Providing knowledge and experience to the team on their key areas of responsibility which include employee relations matters, building Leader capability, best practice HR systems and processes, facilitating organisational change and leading HR projects.
- Providing guidance to the wider team and reporting to the senior leadership team on complex people matters.
- Balancing busy workloads and complex stakeholder relationships and demonstrating your leadership capability through effectively engaging at all levels of the business.
What you’ll bring
- Commitment to develop your team as part of the way we work and establish solid team foundations to enable this.
- Demonstrated record as an influencer, the ability to build strong relationships and have a true impact on outcomes.
- Capacity and versatility to operate in a large organisation which involves delivering business objectives remotely and across a diverse workforce.
- The ability to thrive in a continuous improvement culture with a strong commitment to team-based processes and outcomes
- Ability to think strategically and commercially, approach solutions creatively and consider organisation-wide impacts
- Solid generalist HR experience with extensive exposure to case management
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Domestic relocation assistance to Weipa
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for almost 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we support you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions and medicals.