At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Our team require the services of experienced tradesperson with a meticulous diagnostics, repairs & maintenance process (Cat, Komatsu, Liebherr and Atlas Copco fleet exposure advantage but not essential) to join the South Flank Mobile Maintenance Team.
• Maintenance and repairs to a broad range of fleet
• Following scheduled planned / breakdown maintenance and carrying out inspections on equipment as required
• Execute work orders as per schedule and to a high standard
• Completing inspections and repairs as per the maintenance strategies
• Scoping and creating 1SAP notifications for preventative work
South Flank has now transitioned from its previous 2/1 roster to an 8/6/7/7, 12-hour day/night FIFO roster, allowing you more time to enjoy doing what you love. If you are moving from a 2/1 roster, this means an average of 43 more days at home – including every other weekend off!
To hear from our South Flank Team, about why they choose to work at South Flank (click here).
We are eager to engage with energetic and experienced HV Electricians who have demonstrated large-scale equipment maintenance experience. Your expertise in problem solving & diagnostics, coupled with your ability to communicate and build strong team relationships will make you an ideal candidate. Your focus on continuous improvement along with your ability to coach and mentor will be highly regarded.
Successful candidates will hold the following:
- Australia recognised Elecitrical trade qualification
- WA Electrical Licence
- High Voltage Switching certificate
- Demonstrated experience in mine site maintenance of electric haul trucks, dozers, graders, draglines, electric shovels and auxiliary equipment
- Letourneau and Komatsu experience would be highly regarded
- Previous experience within mining is essential
- A strong commitment to safety
- Capability in 1SAP or similar maintenance systems is desirable.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.