At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Olympic Dam Portfolio in a Lead Project Studies role on the Smelter Campaign Maintenance project planned for 2027 (SCM 27).
SCM 27 is a major 6-yearly planned maintenance shutdown of the Olympic Dam Smelter to perform critical maintenance and upgrade works on the concentrate feed preparation systems, furnaces, boilers, acid plant, utilities, and ancillaries. SCM 27 is a fundamental step on the exciting pathway to growth in BHP’s Copper Provence in South Australia.
Reporting to the Manager Studies SCM 27, you will lead an area of this major project’s development through BHP’s project development lifecycle phases. You will play a significant role in delivering business value through the development of superior safety, scope, cost, schedule, and quality outcomes.
Working in a proactive and supportive team, you will promote business excellence using your business acumen, problem solving, stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
We are looking for experienced project development professionals with outstanding analytical abilities and a desire to deliver meaningful and impactful work.
Other key accountabilities will include:
- Leading a culture of care through visible safety leadership and an uncompromising commitment to health, safety and the environment.
- Liaising with and coordinating the many people who will contribute to the assigned studies under the functional model, maintaining a high level of key stakeholder engagement and guiding relevant projects through project study phases.
- Developing assigned studies, in accordance with Our Requirements and the Minerals Australia Projects Internal Standard.
- Ensuring the project risks are identified and actively managed throughout the study phases.
- Owning the business case and delivering value through optimisation initiatives.
- A collaborative mindset with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability with persuasive stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to influence and build effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Business acumen and understanding of business value drivers and value optimisation processes applying divergent and convergent thinking skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Project Management, or related disciplines.
- Experience with studies and execution of major projects within complex heavy industrial processing plants.
- Amenable to some travel to Olympic Dam.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].