Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and in South East Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Macmahon is currently seeking experienced Leading Hand Drill Fitter to join the Macmahon Tropicana team. This position will be on a 2:1 roster, flying from Perth. You will be part of a high energy team so possession of multiple skill sets and licenses/qualifications are essential as they will greatly enhance your versatility within the role.
The key responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Organising resourcing and providing technical advice, leadership as well as direction to workshop crew
- Ensuring team members have optimum workloads and hands-on training for safe and efficient performance
- Identifying parts and materials required for daily maintenance activities
- Managing maintenance and rebuild practices as well as the condition of the workplace to company and industry standards
- Demonstrating proactive hands on focus in all aspects of Maintenance execution tasks
- Mentoring their crew members and help them achieving operational excellence; and
- Promoting and engaging in effective communication across all parts of the business
To be successful in this position you will ideally have
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Leading Hand Fitter
- Previous experience in a leadership role, preferably within mine site environment
- Extensive experience working on a range of heavy duty mobile equipment, including
- Drills: CAT 6240, CAT 6250, SANDVIK DR560 & SANDVIK DR580
- Exceptional diagnostic and fault finding skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Current Drivers Licence (manual)
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate
To be successful in this position you will enjoy:
- Attractive remuneration package on offer- excellent hourly rate up to $85.61 inclusive of specialist allowances, market uplift allowance
- Secure long-term employment opportunity
- Site 5 minutes from camp
- Potential for relocation assistance
- Work experience opportunity on the latest autonomous & line of site drill technologies
- Training & development opportunities
- Great career progression opportunities
- Professional work culture where team members are respected and valued
- Excellent camp facilities with great food
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons’ Surface Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and look forward to working on this exciting operation with Macmahon.