Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company delivering an end-to-end service offering to clients throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. With extensive experience in both surface and underground mining operations, we offer exciting opportunities for career growth across a range of locations and commodity sectors.
Macmahon are currently seeking an experience Leading Hand HD to join our Deflector project. This position will be on a 2/2 roster and flying to site from Perth. This role offers opportunities to grow and ongoing training for career progression. The successful applicant will be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic, approachable, and friendly team within a well reputed organisation.
Deflector Gold Copper mine is in the southern Murchison region of WA, 450km north of Perth and 160km east of the Western Australian regional city of Geraldton. The Deflector Gold Copper mine is made up of two underground mines; Deflector and Deflector South-West.
The key responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Organising resourcing and providing technical advice, leadership as well as direction to workshop crew
- Ensuring team members have optimum workloads and hands-on training for safe and efficient performance
- Identifying parts and materials required for daily maintenance activities
- Managing maintenance and rebuild practices as well as the condition of the workplace to company and industry standards
- Demonstrating proactive hands on focus in all aspects of Maintenance execution tasks
- Mentoring their crew members and help them achieving operational excellence; and
- Promoting and engaging in effective communication across all parts of the business
To be successful in this position you will ideally have
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Leading Hand HD Fitter
- Previous experience in a leadership role, preferably within underground mine site environment
- Extensive experience working on a range of heavy duty mobile equipment; Sandvik/Cat/Volvo experience is highly desirable
- Exceptional diagnostic and fault finding skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Current Drivers Licence (manual)
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate
About the role:
- Attractive remuneration package on offer- excellent hourly rate up
- Secure long-term employment opportunity
- Site is 1.6km from camp
- Work experience opportunity on the latest autonomous & line of site drill technologies
- Training & development opportunities
- Great career progression opportunities
- Professional work culture where team members are respected and valued
- Excellent camp facilities with great food
Should you be successful in being offered a role in Macmahons’ Underground Mining Division, you will be required to pass a medical and drug and alcohol test along with obtaining a National Police Clearance.
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide details of your level of machine specific diagnosis and repair competency, together with any machine specific OEM training completed.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW or email your CV to email@example.com