South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal produces premium-quality, hard coking coal for steelmaking, which is transported within Australia and around the world. We operate two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Education assistance up to $8000 per year
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a Permanent Full-Time position based at the Appin mine which is, near the coastal city of Wollongong, NSW and approximately 75 kilometres southwest of Sydney.
As a Planner, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and planning maintenance activities at the mine. Your role will be to ensure the underground mine services maintenance team is set-up for success against business priorities and the seamless safe delivery of maintenance and engineering activities.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Accountable for the forecasting and scheduling of maintenance activities and projects for underground services infrastructure and outbye equipment
- Management of the maintenance, overhaul, and site introduction process for the services networks and ancillary equipment
- Ensure execution activities are conducted safely and cost effectively by competent personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures
- Review work execution performance with team members, identify gaps and take corrective action as necessary to improve performance
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Prior experience in a similar role within the Mining Industry
- Familiarity with Maintenance Management Systems, including SAP
- Proficiency in the Maintenance / Work Management Planning area and knowledge of procedures in functional area
- Demonstrated ability to contribute, influence and make decisions within multi-functional teams
Qualifications for this position are:
- Trade Certificate, Degree, or Associate Diploma in a relevant Mechanical or Electrical Engineering field
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Are you interested in this role but currently not located in Wollongong? Please don't let that discourage you. South32 is willing to offer relocation assistance for you and your family.
This job advert will close on Monday 4th December 2023.