South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Annual short-term incentive bonus that recognizes both your individual performance and the overall success of the business
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Education assistance up to $8000 per year
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval, and scenic walking tracks
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a permanent full-time role being offered on Monday-Thursday 4:3 roster from Darwin or Cairns or residential on Groote Eylandt. Domestic relocation to Darwin or Cairns from anywhere in Australia provided.
As the Manager Process & Logistics, you will be responsible for the production value chain at GEMCO’s integrated Pit-to-Port Operation and the delivery of high-quality Manganese to Export & Domestic customers.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Oversee all Processing and Logistics activities (i.e. Processing Plants, Laboratory, Tailings Management, Road Haulage, Port Operations and Process Engineering)
- Execution, monitoring, analysis and improvement of the production processing, handling, logistics, stockpiling and shipping of raw and finished materials to meet production plans, forecasts, and budgets
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and license to operate requirements
- Rigorously apply South32’s Risk Management processes and provide strong safety leadership to the team
- Interaction with Marketing & Logistics Planning to inform and deliver product shipping schedules in line with marketing sales forecasts
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Prior experience in a similar role managing multidisciplinary Operations teams of 250+ personnel
- Management of production aspects of mining or processing related Operations
- Exposure to management of Port facilities and transport logistics operations with an understanding of the applicable maritime legislation
- Significant exposure to and understanding of the various legislation and statutory responsibilities in the mining industry
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and drive to continuously improve
Qualifications for this position are:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related Engineering discipline is preferable (processing, chemical, mechanical, electrical or similar)
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Are you interested in this role but currently not located in Darwin or Cairns? Please don't let that discourage you. South32 is willing to offer relocation assistance for you and your family.
This job advert will close on Thursday 23rd November 2023.