Peabody is the leading coal producer, providing essential products for the production of affordable, reliable energy and steel. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products. Peabody is guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability.
About the role:
We are currently seeking Boilermakers at our Coppabella Mine. Our Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of three open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometres southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverised coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the scope of your role will be to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and adherence to safe and efficient work practices.
Duties will include:
- Compliance with site Safety and Health Management system requirements (including risk management, SOP’s, permits, work instructions etc.).
- Prioritise and undertake specified and/or general work to the required standard and within timeframes
- Maintain a safe, clean and healthy work environment.
- Minimise production downtime.
- Participate in shift change, site meetings, communications or reporting requirements to the required standard.
- Actively engage in the in the Peabody Continuous Improvement Program.
This position is offered on a 7 Days On and 7 Days Off roster and can allow for a residential (Moranbah or Nebo), DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
The successful candidate will hold a recognized Heavy Fabrication (Boilermaker) Trade Qualification and have experience in an open cut mining maintenance environment. You will also have:
- Previous experience working on field equipment including but not limited to, Komatsu Electric rope shovels, Caterpillar 6060 and Hitachi Hydraulic excavators, Overburden drills , Pit dewatering pumps and Ancillary support equipment.
- Experience with structural inspections, quality scoping and execution of bucket, tray and chassis repairs
- Knowledge of SAP work management systems; Notifications, Time Confirmations etc.
- A Continuous Improvement commitment and positive attitude towards change.
- A strong commitment to workplace safety procedures and disciplines.
- 3yrs HME Post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earthmoving industry, or hydraulic excavator industry
- Motivated and hard working with a professional attitude.
- High Risk Work Licence (e.g., Forklift, EWP, Non-Slew Crane), HR Truck Licence, Working at heights/Confined spaces highly regarded.
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at Peabody.
Peabody was founded in 1883 and has grown to be a leading pure-play coal company serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products.
Peabody employs over 4,000 people and have 18 operations in the United States and Australia. Our employees are guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability.
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career with us.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or click apply now.
Peabody is an Equal Opportunity Employer.