Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Cadia operation in ORE PROCESSING is now recruiting for the position of METALLURGICAL TECHNICIAN
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to leading hand, the Metallurgical Technician will provide support to the plant metallurgy and operating team to improve the metallurgical and operational performance of the concentrators, while maintaining a safety behaviour and cost commitment consistent with CVO values.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a detailed understanding of the CVO Metallurgy Laboratory equipment and operation.
- Becoming fully competent in the preparation of shift samples for QAQC purposes.
- Carrying out laboratory and plant test work using a range of analytical techniques and equipment to support production quality control programs.
- Maintaining accurate and reliable records of sampling and test results.
- Supporting the validity, reliability and accuracy of test data by regular calibration, maintenance and cleaning of test equipment such as in line analysers, samplers and probes.
- Participating in concentrator surveys, including sample taking and preparation, instigated by CVO metallurgy team.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out consistent with:
- Safe working practices and individual competencies.
- OHS legislation, the Company Safety Management System, and Environmental plans and
- Principles of total quality management and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have a high attention to detail in problem solving and troubleshooting and commitment to and demonstrated success in improving the business through continuous improvement.
You will also possess the following:
- Exposure to mineral processing operations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suites
- Drivers Licence – manual
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.