About the role:
We are currently seeking a Mining Coordinator with a focus on Long Wall operations at our Wambo Mine. Our Wambo mine is an underground mine located 30 kilometres west of Singleton that produces thermal coal for export and domestic markets.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, you will work closely with the Production Superintendent to lead and direct the production panels within the mine to achieve established business targets in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
Duties will include:
- Work with site management team to ensure that production and other targets are achieved
- Liaise with the Engineers to ensure that statutory and routine maintenance tasks are completed on time and ensure that machinery is maintained in line with compliance
- Short term planning (daily and weekly)
- Complete required underground inspection for planning
- Complete required underground inspection to audit and drive mine standards
- Input plan into the mine planning tool
- Review outcome to plan
- Attend relevant review and planning meetings as required by the Production Superintendent
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve reliability and availability levels
- Early identification of obstacles to achievement of budget & implementation of strategies to address
- Review, develop and implement the systems, standards and process procedures for continuous improvement
- Understand and operate within development unit cost budget
- Novated Lease
- RDO per month
- Discounted medical insurance
- Bonus system
- Health/Wellness program
- Be home at night
- Practical experience within underground coal mining industry, in particular development mining methods
- Previous supervisory and management experience (minimum Deputy qualification, Undermanager highly regarded but not essential)
- S1, 2 & 3
Peabody is a world-leader in providing products for the production of affordable, reliable steel and energy to customers in 15 countries on five continents. We employ over 4,900 people, have 18 operations in the United States and Australia and in 2021 we restored 2400 acres of land. When you work with us, you are working with a team of professionals around the world who are committed to making a difference for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognise and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honouring our commitment.
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at:
Peabody Jobs (peabodyenergy.com)