We Are Aeris
Our name ‘Aeris’ comes from the Latin word for copper, which is where our story began. We are an ASX listed diversified mining and exploration company with copper and gold operations in Australia. Our expanding portfolio, development projects, and exploration prospects make Aeris an exciting, growing company. The Operation
Tritton Copper Operations employs more than 400 people and is located in Hermidale in Western New South Wales. Tritton has two underground copper mines (Tritton and Murrawombie) and currently has an 8-year mine life meaning a stable and prosperous future.
Tritton is a key employer within the region and a proud supporter of the community. We are a residential mine that allows you to be home each night to in Nyngan. Accommodation support is provided as well as company transport from both towns to the operation. Nyngan is a family friendly community, with a variety of shops, gyms, and sporting activities as well as primary and high schools. About the role
Reporting to the Senior Mine Engineer, the primary focus of this role is to support operations to achieve the mine targets and to ensure that the mine plan, designs, schedules and reports are produced to optimise operational and financial targets. This role would suit a Mining Engineer who has completed their underground time and who is seeking to learn a wide array of technical skills in an underground mine.
The role would also fit an experienced engineer interested in honing their skills and growing into other opportunities as the mine grows, for example establishing a new paste plant and underground infrastructure.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Mine Planning Design
- Drill and Blast Design
- Production Engineering functions to maintain strong working relationships between technical and operational staff.
- Development and implementation of weekly mine plans.
- Undertaking field related tasks as required
- Maintain strong working relationships between technical and operational staff.
- Ventilation surveys if required
- Daily reporting and KPI measurement
- Underground inspections
- Complete mine project work as required
- Tertiary degree in Mining Engineering or relevant experience
- 2+ years of underground mining environment.
- 2+ years drill and blast design.
- Planning experience with Deswik would be highly regarded.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Current unrestricted NSW Open Drivers License license (Must be in possession of a manual license)
- This position is offered on an 8:6 roster (days only)
- OR 5:2, 4:3 roster (days only) if preferred
- DIDO travel allowance if option is chosen to drive to site
- $15k net residential allowance if living local suits you
- Annual performance bonus plan
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Friendly camp with quality food and mess facilities
- Competitive salary packages, with salary sacrificing options
Aeris Resources is not only committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in our workplace, we celebrate what makes us unique. Applications from people of all cultural background, ages, sexualities and genders is encouraged.