DISCOVER A BRIGHTER FUTURE
At South32, we’re meeting the challenge of enabling a sustainable future through our focus on responsibly producing commodities critical for a low-carbon world.
As a collaborative, caring and inclusive company, there’s no better place to make a genuine difference. Together we’re making a positive, global impact that has the potential to change lives.
Whatever career path you choose, we’ll support you every step of the way to learn, grow and succeed. So join us, step towards a brighter future and leave your legacy.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans
- Options for additional superannuation contributions
- Residential option offers low-cost living and generous reibmursable family Holiday Travel Assistance
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a permanent position on a 7:7 roster, offered as FIFO from Darwin or Cairns or residential on Groote Eylandt. Domestic relocation assistance to Alyangula, Darwin, or Cairns from anywhere in Australia provided.
As a Mining Engineer in the Short-Term Planning team, you will work closely with the mining operations team to delivery executable designs and schedules that are in line with the Mid-Term mining strategy.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Develop, review and audit mine designs and schedules
- Provide technical guidance and insights to the Mid-Term mine plan to mining operations personnel and other key execution stakeholders
- Display strong visible safety leadership
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement across site
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- A commitment to safety and continuous improvement
- Previous experience in a similar role ideally within an open-cut mining environment
- Expert with mine design and scheduling software packages (Vulcan, XACT, and Spry preferred)
- Ability to build networks and relationships with key stakeholders across site
- 1-2 years of prior Mining Engineer/Graduate experience
Qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering (or equivalent with relevant experience)
South32 is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we operate. We provide a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This job advert will close on 7th March 2024.