DISCOVER A BRIGHTER FUTURE
At South32, we’re meeting the challenge of enabling a sustainable future through our focus on responsibly producing commodities critical for a low-carbon world.
As a collaborative, caring and inclusive company, there’s no better place to make a genuine difference. Together we’re making a positive, global impact that has the potential to change lives.
Whatever career path you choose, we’ll support you every step of the way to learn, grow and succeed. So join us, step towards a brighter future and leave your legacy.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Annual short-term incentive bonus that recognizes both your individual performance and the overall success of the business.
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans
- Options for additional superannuation contributions
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a permanent position on a 4:3 roster, FIFO from Darwin/Cairns or residential on Groote Eylandt.
As the Mining Operations Engineer you will provide specialist advice and technical support while expanding experience of and knowledge of Mining Operations.
Key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Identification, development and implementation of improvement initiatives and capital projects
- Analysis and reporting of mine production performance
- Providing SME advice and support to the Mining Team and other departments
- Development of mining inputs, assumptions and equipment constraints for budget and forecasts
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Experience working in a similar role within the mining industry
- Ability to understand mine designs, budgets and forecasts
- Reporting and data analysis
- Project management
- Technical systems and processes
- Operational experience desirable
- Computer software use
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices
Qualifications for this position are:
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree (Mining) or related field such as Geology, Survey
South32 is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we operate. We provide a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This job advert will close on 24th February 2024.