South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from jarrah forests, stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Flexible working arrangements and industry leading parental leave and family care policy
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Emergency Services Supervisor, as Emergency Services Officer the purpose of this role to provide specialist support and advice to operation-based and functional teams on emergency response, access control, asset protection, health and safety aspects to ensure:
- Minimise the potential for significant risk of harm to personnel, the environment, the community and the business.
- Care for personnel affected by both workplace and significant non-workplace incidents or injuries.
This role will be offered on an 18 months fixed term contract.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes – bus available from Bunbury location only) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
key responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Ensure all emergency response equipment, appliances and personnel are operationally ready.
- Ensure all emergency response equipment is maintained to OEM specifications and site requirements.
- Ensure compliance with site specific procedures/plans and relevant legislation.
- Activate and lead the onsite emergency response team.
- Advise relevant stakeholders of requirements to assist in controlling emergency incidents.
- Proficient in Emergency Response with experience in an industrial or career/volunteer government emergency service.
- A level of proficiency and confidence to train volunteer Emergency Response Team members in a broad range of emergency response disciplines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Can successfully manage time, set priorities, plan, communicate and organise work deliverables in an emergency
Qualifications for this position are:
- Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations) or; Resources and Infrastructure (RII) Emergency Response and Rescue or; equivalent.
- Certificate IV Health Care.
- 3–5-years’ experience.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
The job advert with close on 5th December 2023.