Officer – Offsite Repairs
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- 9 day fortnight day roster based in Gladstone, QLD
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for an Officer - Offsite Repairs to manage an efficient off-site repair service for the Rio Tinto Yarwun maintenance teams.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and self-motivated individual who has exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Specialist Inventory Management and working in a diverse team within Inventory and Repairs team, you will be:
- Monitoring repairable spare material usage across site
- Plan & execute offsite repairs of repairable components
- Liaise with vendors to ensure cost effective repair & timely return of materials
- Implementation of robust repeatable procedures and work instructions for repair managed items
- Maintain a sound tracking system for repairable items
- Maintain KPI reporting and monitoring of annual savings of repair versus replacement
- Look for initiatives to reduce repairable material costs
- Assist warehousing & shutdown teams with material delivery
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A current C Class drivers license
- Ability to work alone unsupervised to achieve work expectations
- A current LF Forklift high risk license
- Demonstrated skills in planning & logistics preferably within the resources industry
- Experience utilizing SAP Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and key stakeholders
- Multi-tasking skills to enable reduced repair lead times.
- Intermediate knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite
- A relevant trade qualification or equivalent background in maintenance or processing
What we offerBe recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be workingLocated in Central Queensland, approximately 10km north-west of Gladstone, Yarwun alumina refinery commenced operations in 2004. Processing bauxite from our mines in Weipa and Gove, Yarwun produces more than three million tonnes of smelter grade alumina annually.
As one of the largest industries in the Gladstone region, Yarwun employs over 700 people and has a large contractor workforce.
With a focus on safely improving our process every day, the team at Yarwun challenge themselves to use existing and emerging technology to support our 24 hour operation.
Yarwun is a proud member of the Gladstone community, and along with Boyne Smelters Limited and Queensland Alumina Limited, support community investments that improve the liveability of the Gladstone region through the Here for Gladstone community fund.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Friday 23rd February 2024 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)