Officer Tenure Maintenance
- A career that works for you
- Permanent full-time role
- Perth CBD location – modern offices based in the heart of Perth city
About the role
We are looking for an Officer Tenure Maintenance to join the State Agreements and Approvals team within Rio Tinto. This role will assist with ensuring land tenure assets are managed effectively to ensure security and to enable the continued growth of Rio Tinto’s business within Western Australia.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who possesses the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, maintains flexibility to adapt to changing business conditions and works collaboratively with other business units. Working a 5 days on / 2 off roster and reporting to the Specialist, Tenure Maintenance, you will be:
- Managing the tenure obligations database, monitoring and recording compliance deadlines along with preparing monthly reports
- Formulating tenement applications in compliance with statutory requirements and time constraints
- Preparing and lodging statutory documents and correspondence relating to tenure obligations
- Fostering relationships with technical and support staff to ensure timely receipt of supporting documentation
- Performing general administration duties which include document control, scanning, filing, coordinating meetings and taking minutes
- Complying with all HSEQ systems, chairing of and contribution to team and safety meetings.
What you’ll bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Experience working with the Mining Act, Land Administration Act, State Agreement Act(s) or associated processes
- Proven experience in a role where accuracy and timelines are paramount.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Extensive administrative experience, or experience working within a strict regulatory or compliance environment
- Experience using Mineral Titles Online, WAMEX and LANDGATE
- Experience using TENGRAPH, ArcGIS or similar mapping systems.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Flexible working from home arrangements as per operational requirements
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral and equal paid parental leave, with continued superannuation contributions whilst employees are on unpaid or half paid parental leave
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more); and
- Local relocation packages offered for Australian residents only
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, we own an integrated portfolio of iron ore assets supported by functional teams in the Perth hub: a world-class, integrated network of 16 mines, four independent port terminals, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure – all designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
We are one of the world’s leading producers and exporters of iron ore.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.