Peabody is the leading global pure-play coal company, serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products. Peabody is guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced OCE Production Supervisor to join our Coppabella Moorvale Joint Venture. Our Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of three open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometers southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverised coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, this role will be responsible for all day to day mine activities in compliance with all relevant statutes by providing leadership to achieve safe and effective production.
Duties will include:
- Demonstrate safe behaviours and provide visible safe leadership to team members
- Provide day to day leadership for the Production team, including organisation of job tasks, development and discipline of crew members
- Ensure that risk management tools and relevant procedures are in place when planning and executing work
- Fulfil the statutory requirements for an Open Cut Examiner including inspections and reporting
- Comply with Moorvale policies and procedures
- Effective utilisation of shift personnel and equipment resources to achieve the mine plan and production targets
- Ensure all personnel on site are trained and competent for the duties assigned
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with production operators
- Be an active participant in the continuous improvement program
- Liaise with Maintenance, Technical and other Support Services to establish Production priorities and ensure operations requirements and targets are incorporated into Production design and schedules
This position is offered on a 7/7 Day Night rotating roster and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle. Employees living residentially may have access to a $15,000 housing allowance and may have the ability to salary sacrifice up to 50% of rental payments.
- Certification as a Mining Supervisor
- Hold a current QLD Open Cut Examiners Certificate of Competency
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor, preferably in open cut coal mining operation
- Experience working in a Truck / Shovel operation
- Valid QLD Driver’s license.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to safety and a way of life
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognise and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honouring our commitment
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at Peabody Energy.
Peabody Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognise and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honouring our commitment.
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at www.jobs.peabodyenergy.com/
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career with us.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or click apply now.
Please apply directly as submissions from recruitment agencies will not be considered without prior approval. All applications will be treated as highly confidential and will not be disclosed beyond HR and the hiring manager.