About the role:
We are currently seeking a Open Pit Mine Surveyor on a 8:6 roster to join our Wilpinjong Mine. Our Wilpinjong Mine is an open-cut mine located 58 kilometres northeast of the country charm of historical Mudgee, the mine produces high quality thermal coal for both the export and domestic markets.
We have a mine life in the 2030s, 67M Tonnes of proven and probable coal and a great collaboration of teammates looking to extend our mine life out to the decades.
Across the entire operation's stakeholder teams in plant operations, maintenance, engineering and production, we are looking for those who will deliver to plan, work effectively and collaboratively in delivering an outcome of excellence and assisting us in our innovation.
Wilpinjong are in the middle of an exciting phase as we strive for operational excellence. We have a mine life in the 2030s and have a collaboration of teammates looking to extend that to the 2040s.
Our rosters allow for regular time off, and for people to be present in the lives of their family and / or the surrounding community & you to be home at the end of every shift.
The Surveyor role will involve using DJI Matrice M300 Phantom 4 RTK drones, Maptek XR3CT scanners & Trimble Total Stations to conduct pit updates, mining limit pegs, exploration surveys, infrastructure scanning projects, coal stockpile surveys, plus machine calibration and checks.
Duties will include:
- Providing surveying support to mine planners and operations through
- Setout and Pickup of Open Cut mine designs and asbuilts,
- topographic surveys/scanning,
- data reduction,
- accurate volumetric calculations,
- and production of plans and reports for EOM reporting;
- Producing accurate survey data, controls & reporting in accordance with statutory and company standards;
- Establishing survey controls and reporting and ensuring that statutory requirements are met;
- Conducting engineering surveys for mine infrastructure as well as end of month calculations;
- Managing the survey database in Vulcan and spreadsheets.
This position is offered on an 8:6 day shift only lifestyle roster enabling a fantastic residential lifestyle in nearby Mudgee district.
Nestled between rolling hills, Mudgee blends the old with the new, the rural with the cosmopolitan, and the laid-back with the adventurous. Catering to a range of interests for all ages, we have numerous sporting clubs with proud histories (including league, union, rugby, cricket, netball, basketball, horse race & golf to name a few), art precincts, a vista of national parks, plus a selection of TAFE, preschools, public and private primary and high schools, a well-resourced hospital and a never ending series of events, with a constantly updated list of things to do - https://www.visitmudgeeregion.com.au/things-to-do/
With generous annual (5 weeks) and personal leave offerings, this role really allows you to have the most amazing time with friends and family, enjoying the region or getting away, with only a 3 hour drive to Sydney or the coast. Mudgee Airport flies to Sydney, Newcastle or Cobar, with the close by Dubbo Airport adding the destinations of Brisbane, Melbourne, Broken Hill, Walgett, Bourke & Lightning Ridge.
For a taste of what an amazing place Mudgee is to live, work and play, watch the video below *[video courtesy of Mudgee Region Tourism]
Peabody Energy also offers the following additions to your package:
- The ability to reduce tax through salary sacrifice options, including up to 50% of you home loan interest / rent PLUS utilities, such as electricity, water etc;
- Novated vehicle leasing;
- Discounted Private Health;
- Over 2,000 Health and Lifestyle benefits with WHEREFIT;
- An Employee recognition program;
- An Employee assistance program available for yourself and immediate family.
- Professional Development towards your Surveying career.
About the Surveyor:
- 2+ years experience in a similar role in an open cut mining operation
- Previous experience in GPS / Totalstations, Laser Scanners, Drones & related software
- TAFE or Tertiary qualifications
- DJI Matrice M300/Phantom 4 RTK drone and Pix4D experience essential
- Trimble, Maptek (XR3CT & Vulcan) and Pointstudio experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Passionate about continuous improvement and technological advancement in mining
- Manual drivers licence.
About the company:
Peabody is a world leader in providing products for producing affordable, reliable steel and energy to customers in 15 countries on five continents. We employ over 4,900 people, have 18 operations in the United States and Australia and in 2021 we restored 2400 acres of land. When you work with us, you are working with a team of professionals around the world who are committed to making a difference for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognise and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honouring our commitment
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at: Peabody Jobs (peabodyenergy.com)