Process Operator – Bell Bay Aluminium
- No previous experience required – we train you!
- Join an inclusive and caring community where knowledge is shared through genuine mentorship
- Attractive salary package and benefits including generous shift allowance and market-leading parental leave policy
- Kick-start your pathway to a rewarding career in 2024
Where we’re all welcome
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us who we are.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We acknowledge that all people are different and believe that our differences are our strength. The diversity of skills, life experiences and perspectives within our team enhances our way of working and our ability to achieve success together.
About the role
The role of a Process Operator is vital to the success of our business. This role is perfect for someone who is self-motivated, has the desire to learn and can demonstrate an unwavering commitment to keeping themselves and their teammates safe. We’ll provide full training, support, and guidance.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Working in a strong team environment, you will be responsible for supporting our operational departments to ensure the safe and sustainable production of aluminium, through the operation of mobile and fixed plant equipment in conjunction with manual duties.
Supported by your Leaders, Crew and Training Team, you will, with training:
- Safely work with molten aluminium
- Preparing, measuring and adding raw materials
- Preparing, operating and monitoring furnaces, reduction cells and other site processes
- Following procedures and completing pre-task risk assessments
- Ensuring the plant is maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition
- Operating equipment
We offer a rotating roster, with a combination of 12 hr day/night shifts. This roster rotation means that you will alternate from a long week (60 hours) to a short week (24 hours). This provides you with every second weekend off, and in combination with a shorter work-week each fortnight, you will have the opportunity to balance your work and other commitments and spend time on the things that are important to you. Flexible work arrangements (job share) may also be considered.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Respect for others and an all-inclusive mindset
- Ability to communicate with your team and leaders
- A willingness to learn new things
- Ability to undertake physical work in a hot industrial environment
- Current C class driver licence
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking, and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Company provided insurance cover
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- To better suit different family needs, our paid parental leave approach gives all parents the option to take 18 weeks of paid leave after a new child arrives – at a time that suits them
- Exclusive employee discounts including hotel stays, banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
Bell Bay Aluminium is part of the Rio Tinto Group, a global leader in aluminium, which is one of the world’s most widely used metals. Based approximately 50 kilometres from Launceston in Northern Tasmania, the smelter produces primary aluminium products.
You can learn more on our official website: https://bellbayaluminium.com.au/