South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Our Cannington operation is one of the world's largest producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville. Cannington mine provides on-site accommodation including meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a permanent position on a 7/7 roster, FIFO from Townsville, Cairns and Brisbane or DIDO from Mount Isa.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren't limited to:
- Operation of Integrated Tool Carrier
- Conduct daily operator pre-start checks on all vehicles and mobile plant
- Install, maintain and repair mine services including ventilation ducting, air & water pipelines, dewatering pump lines
- Installation of secondary ventilation fans
- Assist with the construction of ventilation walls
- Safely use hand tools to undertake certain tasks
- Train new personnel in all aspects of Service Crew.
- Transportation and delivery of underground mining consumables to assist in mine production and development activities
- Previously experience in development charging is desirable
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Must have the right to work in Australia;
- Underground service crew experience is essential for these roles;
- Comply with health, safety, environment and risk standards, procedures and routines;
- A commitment to a positive safety culture.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Domestic relocation will be considered for the right applicant
This job advert will close on Thursday 24 November 2023