Planner/Scheduler - Shutdown
- Permanent employment with Rio Tinto which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Subsidised housing and utilities
- Supportive team culture with a focus on inclusion, safety, and work life balance
- Enjoy the coastal lifestyle in this residential role in Gove, NT
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We have a challenging role which is a great opportunity to work within a diverse, multi-disciplined team to deliver the Fixed Plant Shutdown Schedule through effective preparation.
The shutdown planner/scheduler is responsible for supporting effective development of shutdown schedules, maximizing efficiency, driving continuous improvement, and championing the shutdown the Shutdown Management Process with the site teams.
This role is a great opportunity for a passionate and self-motivated individual who has exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills. You will be flexible and will be able to effectively prioritise your workload. Working a Monday to Friday roster and reporting to the Shutdown Superintendent, you will be:
- Supplying planning/scheduling support to the Shutdown Supervisors and Area Planners
- Facilitating Shutdown Planning Meetings
- Leading and Championing the Shutdown Management Process
- Reviewing all shutdown scope of works to ensure quality and accuracy
- Liaising with production and maintenance team leaders to identify efficient and effective scheduling requirements.
- Providing advice, training and support to operational team members in relation to the Asset Management and Work Management Processes.
- Reviewing work in the required schedule period, taking into consideration Asset criticality, statutory work, warranty, Repairables, severity and safety impact inclusive of project maintenance work
- Leading continuous improvement in consultation with other team members, by measuring shutdown KPI’s, shutdown execution performance, schedule tracking and then actioning issues/opportunities
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A relevant trade/ engineering qualification or equivalent background in maintenance or processing
- Previous experience in Shutdown planning - desirable
- Experience utilising SAP Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and key stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Excel
- Demonstrated strong inter-personal relationships skills, problem solving and communication skills
- A current C Class driver's license
What we offer
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Heavily subsidised housing and utilities
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months (no distinction between primary or secondary carer!)
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for almost 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents.
Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Rio Tinto Aluminium – Gove Operations
Our Gove Operations have been supplying the global aluminium industry with world-class bauxite for more than 40 years. Located in Australia’s Northern Territory, each year the operation produces approximately 12 million tonnes of bauxite.
With a workforce of 460 people, daily activities include mine operations, maintenance, asset management, shutdown planning and execution, export operations, cultural heritage management, and closure activities following our decision to close the site’s alumina refinery and associated Residue Disposal Area in 2017.
We expect our bauxite mining operations on the Gove Peninsula will cease in 2030 and we are undertaking significant work to support closure of the operation. We also recognise our operations take place on Indigenous-owned land, and we are committed to working together to achieve a positive future for Nhulunbuy and the Gove Peninsula post-mining.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”
Applications close on the 22nd of November 2023