Join the dynamic team at Peabody Energy and take on a pivotal role as the CHPP Planning and Logistics Coordinator at our Wambo mine complex. We operate a large processing plant with ongoing improvement projects. Experience the excitement of a diverse leadership role in a fast-paced environment with a Monday to Friday roster, offering 5 weeks annual leave plus 1 RDO per month.
As the CHPP Planning and Logistics Coordinator, reporting to the CHPP Manager, you will be responsible for preparing washing and railing schedules to ensure Wambo delivers the required tonnage at specified quality to meet customer requirements.
- Rail and Shipping Coordination:
- Provide technical direction to the Production Department for rail schedules and blends to ensure correct tonnage and quality are railed.
- Coordinate on-site rail and shipping requirements, monitoring and optimizing performance.
- Data Management and Reporting:
- Collect and report historical, current, and forecast train details and stock levels.
- Manage and report CHPP coal quality data, collaborating with the superintending laboratory.
- Ensure accurate and timely data collation, checking, and entry for various parameters.
- Stakeholder Collaboration:
- Liaise with Marketing to address rail and shipping programs, ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Collaborate with Mining Department's production and technical staff to confirm production forecasts.
- Quality Assurance:
- Oversee on-site coal quality matters, identifying and addressing variances from target.
- Investigate and report any matters that may compromise coal quality.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Implement continuous improvement strategies focusing on safety, reliability, and cost-saving.
- Drive initiatives to enhance operational efficiency and quality standards.
This position is offered on a Monday to Friday roster with one rostered day off per month and can allow for a residential lifestyle.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in mining or related industries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
In addition to the above requirements, the successful candidate will be an effective team leader and team player, have a positive can-do attitude and a strong commitment to safety and continuous improvement.
Peabody is a leading coal producer, providing essential products for the production of affordable, reliable energy and steel. We employ around 5,500 people across our operations in the United States and Australia, serving customers in 26 countries.
Our commitment to sustainability underpins everything we do and shapes our strategy for the future. We have set a company-wide ambition to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
People are at the core of Peabody’s ability to deliver business results and serve our communities and we offer an inclusive work environment that engages, recognises, and develops it employees. We strive to create a safe and healthy work culture where all employees are treated with fairness and respect and are supported and engaged.
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at Peabody Jobs (Peabody Jobs (peabodyenergy.com))