Principal Advisor, Change Management - SPS
- Contribute directly to Rio Tinto becoming the best operator in the industry
- Apply change management initiatives directly connected to SPS outcomes
- 12 month fixed term opportunity based in Perth or Brisbane
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
Change management is integral in ensuring Rio Tinto’s Safe Production System (SPS) has impact and can be sustained. The position of Principal Advisor, Change Management - SPS has an important role advising and supporting on change management for COO deliverables. This role is responsible for working with stakeholders to understand change impact, preparing a change plan and supporting execution of the plan. Additionally, the role will also support engagement activities within the broader SPS network and continuous improvement of collateral to support change management within SPS deployments.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the role provides opportunities to develop and grow your experience and understanding of the business. Our SPS priorities are core to our strategic objectives where you will play a vital role supporting delivery. Together, we will build the skills and knowledge of our people through change management initiatives directly connected to SPS outcomes.
Reporting to the Change and Engagement Lead you will join a collaborative and caring team who support one another to drive planned SPS strategic initiatives. This a fantastic opportunity to grow your career, working on core business priority essential to the progression of becoming the industry’s best operator. Working within a dynamic, exciting, and fast paced environment, you will:
- Enhance the impact of SPS initiatives and deliverables through effective change management
- Draw on the standard SPS change tools, facilitate and model change management approaches within the COO team
- Guide the continuous improvement of the SPS change and communications tool kit with a focus on collaboration, harvesting pockets of excellence and harnessing input/feedback from deployments
- Apply change management approaches to the continuous improvement of SPS deliverables and documentation
- Provide a programme view to monitor change impact and manage change fatigue among our stakeholders
What you’ll bring
Given the global nature of this role, you will bring excellent stakeholder management and engagement capability, coupled with the ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders across global time zones. Previous exposure to SPS is advantageous., though experiences in knowledge management or demonstrated experience deploying and sustaining initiatives within an operational setting will also be highly regarded.
You will have strong time management skills, proven technical skill in change management and the ability to manage conflicting priorities across a broad range of deliverables. Importantly you will role model and cultivate a culture that promotes our values of Care, Courage and Curiosity. You will focus on an innovative approach to progressing SPS initiatives through change management and ensure that trusted partnerships across stakeholder groups are maintained. You will demonstrate:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Integrity within the application of change management principles to see initiatives through to a natural conclusion
- The ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and synthesise inputs on deliverables, and adapting change management approaches in response to findings
- Exceptional stakeholder management and engagement skills, coupled with the ability to influence and gain trust
- Strong planning, organising and prioritisation skills
- Project management knowledge
- Passion for supporting the enablement of business cultural transformation
- The ability to work independently and use initiative
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
We want to become the best operator in the industry and the Safe Production System (SPS) will help us to get there. It's a system that puts people at the centre, simplifies what we do, frees our people up to innovate, and brings consistency to our operations.
The SPS will be the blueprint for how we operate our assets, manage performance and support our people. It's one of our most significant transformation programmes yet with a laser focus on ensuring we have the right mindsets and behaviours to be successful.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on 26 Nov 2023 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.