Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Cadia operation in TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION is now recruiting for the position of
PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER.
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Supervisor – Technology, the Process Control Systems Engineer will design, develop and implement process control systems for Cadia Valley Operations.
The scope of the role will encompass troubleshooting, maintenance, system upgrades and enhancements, testing and commissioning, you will also provide training to operators and maintenance personnel.
Ideally you will have had exposure in the following packages: Yokogawa Centum VP DCS, Rockwell Control / Compact Logix PLCs, Siemens S7 PLC and Plant SCADA HMI systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor the site ICS infrastructure status and resolve any issues identified
- Implement minor temporary and permanent change requests to ICS software/application
- Execute and/or support projects impacting on site ICS
- Lead daily ICS pre-start meetings and checks and respond to key metrics including alarm rates & controller performance
- Participate in site operations and maintenance pre-start and handover meetings, remaining informed of site priorities, issues and initiatives
- Assist with diagnosis and resolution of operations and maintenance issues related to the ICS.
- Perform internal auditing and preventative maintenance, minor upgrades and validation of spares for ICS infrastructure
- Support the site OT infrastructure and applications, including the PI Historian suite
- Participation in the global process control community
The ideal candidate will have experience managing and maintaining process control systems in the resources industry while providing support to maintenance, control room, operations, metallurgical and projects departments.
You will also possess the following:
- Tertiary Qualification in industrial control systems engineering (or related discipline) or Electrical Trade certificate (currently hold a NSW Electrical Supervisors Licence)
- Experience in process control systems specialising in resources/heavy industry
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- High attention to detail and effective communication
- Ability to interact competently with stakeholders at various levels
*Please note the position is a site based residential role with an on-call component. 9-hour day 5/2- or 10-hour day 5/2 – 4/3 roster.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.