South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Are you looking to be home every night and have the opportunity to work in a world class refining operation? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from jarrah forests, stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Flexible working arrangements and industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Upskilling and training to further the successful applicants career development
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opportunity exists for a motivated and passionate self-stater looking to further their established career in alumina, or for someone looking to expand their horizons and take on a new challenge.
Reporting to the Superintendent Technical, as Process Engineer you will provide technical support, direction setting and governance for the refinery process to safely and sustainably achieve our goals. You will provide expert advice to operations and participate in formulating plans to improve on HSEC, production and cost outcomes. This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis.
Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Identifying and implementing projects to achieve refinery benchmark performance across core process accountabilities in safety, production, and cost as well as maximising capacity and efficiencies.
- Supporting the operational teams to understand risks and controls, identifying and implementing improvements as required.
- Developing, implementing and improving operating strategies and guidelines.
- Developing business cases and providing input into process capital projects for respective area.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and review process design documents and process improvements, applying critical thinking and relevant analysis techniques.
- Experience with refinery unit operations, their performance metrics and troubleshooting - this may include but not limited to; pumping, comminution, filtration, evaporation, solids-separation, precipitation, calcination.
- Able to build relationships and work collaboratively to deliver great outcomes.
Qualifications for this position are:
- Degree in Chemical, Process or Metallurgical Engineering (or similar)
- Experience in mineral processing is preferred but not required
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
The job advert with close on 4th December 2023.