Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end-to-end service to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of civil work, surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Due to our ongoing growth, Macmahon is currently seeking enthusiastic and experienced people to join the team at the King of the Hills (KOTH) mine located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia, 28km north of Leonora. Macmahon has secured a five-year Surface and Underground mining contract with RED 5 Ltd. The mine anticipates annual production above 200kozpa. KOTH is Australia’s next major Gold Mine, which will feature state-of-the-art technology, 85% new plant and brand-new camp facilities.
Macmahon is committed to attracting high potential employees and believe that our people define our competitive edge in the marketplace, driving our growth.
We are currently seeking two experienced Pump Fitters on a 2:2 Dayshift roster with responsibilities not limited to:
- Assisting the Clients Fixed Plant maintenance teams with in-pit dewatering pump maintenance, operation, relocation as required and requested.
- Daily inspection of all underground Primary and, if directed, the Contractor's secondary dewatering equipment and locations.
- Weekly greasing and servicing of all primary dewatering pumps, including washing out of hoppers and wash down of pump stations.
- Repair and maintenance of all primary dewatering pumps, including managing rotatable units for repair. Managing required tools, spares and stock held on site.
- Design, manage, and execute preventative maintenance programs involving pump infrastructure.
- Provide input and advice into the design and placement of dewatering infrastructure and the selection and purchase of dewatering equipment.
- Other ad-hoc tasks such as repair and maintenance of grout mixers and pumps, airleg drills and machines, cable tensioners, etc
- Assisting both Underground and Surface operations where required and be available for call out on Night shift if needed.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience
- Preferred Australian recognised Trade Certificate – Mechanical or Electrical.
- High risk License with Forklift, Dogging and CN Qualifications.
- Experience operating Franna’s and telehandlers.
- Proven experience in the repairs and maintenance of centrifugal and cavity/helical rotor style Dewatering pumps.
- Experience with Poly welding or have the desire and ability to obtain this competency.
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting / interpretive skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the role or similar within the mining industry working in Underground and Surface operations.
- Current HR Class Drivers Licence preferred
This is a great opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic, approachable and friendly team with future prospects within a well reputed organisation.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.