At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Fixed Plant Maintenance and joining an inclusive and high performing team, the Reliability Engineer plays an integral role in achieving long-term, measurable improvements in safety, performance and efficiency of our Fixed Plant.
This is an exceptional opportunity for you to develop your career in Reliability Engineering or consolidate your experiences and take the next challenge.
This is role will be based at Muswellbrook working Monday to Friday, offering flexible working arrangements, and is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, supportive and inclusive team. BHP can offer relocation support for you to join us in this beautiful region.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Monitoring and analysis of equipment defects and maintenance downtime to define department priorities and metrics;
- Lead Reliability-centred maintenance best practice through the application of Defect Elimination processes, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Whys and Failure Mode Effect Cause Analysis;
- Provide technical support and recommendations based on Root Cause Analysis and benchmarking findings;
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies for new equipment;
- General Mechanical Engineering tasks;
- Analyse equipment life cycles and determine plant and asset capability based on the 2 year Production plan, providing input into the development of the capital and operational budget for the area.
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering;
- Operational knowledge of Mining Equipment;
- Experience in reliability maintenance programs will be beneficial;
- Proficiency in 1SAP maintenance components preferable;
- A team-oriented mindset and solution focused attitude;
- Ability to influence, engage with & communicate effectively across multiple levels, business units and functional areas.
How to Apply
Please apply before 27 November 2023
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].