Due to some exciting business growth, we are seeking a Senior Category Manager to join our friendly team in Osborne Park.
What you will do
In this role, you will be responsible for developing, executing, and managing the sourcing strategy and tactical plans for centrally led categories. Along with delivering outstanding customer service and ensuring all parties meet contractual obligations, you will identify savings and strategic procurement opportunities to deliver direct EBIT translatable outcomes.
- Drive performance, culture and align with the company strategy and governance standards.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term category strategies for key spend segments across the group.
- Apply best-in-class procurement processes, and continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring long term profitability, competitive advantage, and cost reduction.
- Adherence to Group Strategic Procurement process, including key sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management and performance measurements.
- For both national and international vendors facilitate the bidding processes, manage the prequalification and short-listing of bidders, preparations of bids, issuance of bids, pre-bid conference (internal & external), bid evaluation, recommendation of award, contracts negotiations, contract finalisation and issuance.
- Monitor and analyse contract performance against agreed benchmarks and through agreed reporting mechanisms.
- Advise operations on any potential issues and recommend remedial actions or solutions.
- Identify and manage early resolution of supplier disputes.
- Work effectively across business units with different objectives in the creation and implementation of procurement strategies for complex spend categories.
- Run post-project sessions to review lessons learnt and implement changes.
- Develop contract management tools, guidelines and manuals for standardisation and knowledge sharing purposes.
- Provide guidance on and implement technological based solutions.
- Manage audits of potential and current suppliers to guarantee an optimum supplier base.
- Undertake market surveys to ensure the availability of up-to-date information for categories.
- Communicate, drive and foster trust with internal stakeholders to ensure business penetration of initiatives.
- Development of forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory.
- Additional tasks as requested by your manager.
How you will be rewarded
- Permanent opportunity
- Friendly team passionate about what we do
- Competitive remuneration including access to a range of lifestyle, retail and entertainment discounts and benefits
What you will bring
- Qualifications in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Materials Management, or a related discipline (desirable).
- Experience with mining related products and services.
- Knowledge of procurement, tendering and contracting processes and requirements.
- Excellent and proven experience in dealing HME parts and service suppliers in both OEM and after market areas
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organisational, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills are necessary.
- Experience of system enabled P2P processes
- Project management experience
- Strategically oriented
- Ability to successfully address large, challenging supplier relationships
Like what you see? Contact Melissa on firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link to Apply.
Emeco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Emeco was founded in 1972 and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: EHL). We have operations in all key mining regions of Australia and our customers include mining companies and contractors across coal, gold, copper, bauxite and iron ore. Emeco also owns new model ancillary heavy earthmoving equipment rental company, Matilda Equipment.