South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- The opportunity to become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans
- Annual short-term incentive bonus that recognizes both your individual performance and the overall success of the business.
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval and scenic walking tracks
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a permanent position on a 4:3 roster, FIFO from Darwin or Cairns.
As the Senior Engineer Mid-Term Planning, you will coordinate with execution and improvement teams to identify and actively participate in operational improvement projects. In addition, you will coach and develop a small team of technical professionals and act as a safety leader role model for the team.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Lead and develop the operation’s annual budget (mine plan) and full year forecasts
- Month end reporting of the operation’s full value chain (Pit to Port)
- Work closely with the long-term planning teams to integrate and deliver an actionable mine plan
- Actively engage and liaise with key stakeholders to achieve plan compliance
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- Solid experience working in a technical or operation role in an open cut mining environment
- Previous experience in developing mine budgets and forecasts
- Expert in mine design and scheduling software user (Deswick, Vulcan, and Spry preferred)
- Ability to build networks and relationships with key stakeholders across site
- Proven capability to operate in a complex environment, leading, influencing and facilitating diverse teams
- A strong leader and enjoys leading a team
Qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, business or equivalent
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Are you interested in this role but currently not located in Darwin or Cairns? Please don't let that discourage you. South32 is willing to offer relocation assistance for you and your family.
This job advert will close on Sunday 26th November 2023.