Aeris Resources is a mid-tier base and precious metals producer. Its copper-dominant portfolio comprises three operating assets, a long-life development project and a highly prospective exploration portfolio, spanning Queensland, Western Australia, New South Wales and Victoria. Our head office is in Brisbane. About the role
Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent on site, the Senior Environmental Advisor will provide technical environmental and rehabilitation advice and support to the Tritton Operations current and future.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and supervision of site revegetation and rehabilitation as required.
- Partner with internal & external operational stakeholders to provide accurate environmental advice;
- Coordinate, conduct and review environmental monitoring;
- Manage contractors and consultants from scope preparation to project completion, and
- Prepare and review technical environmental reports.
- Assist where required with any environmental incident investigation and follow up corrective actions with the respective department manager.
- Assisting in the development of approval strategy and applications
- Environmental compliance reporting
- Minimise company risk exposure and liabilities by monitoring activities to ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory and licensing requirements.
- Participating in sustainability projects and business improvements
- Working in a safe manner at all times and role model safety behaviours
What we offer
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Management, Engineering or equivalent
- Laboratory or sampling industry recognised qualification highly regarded
- Well-established experience in a similar role
- Proven track record with NSW environmental approval process and statutory reporting
- Understanding of NSW Environmental Legislation
- Mine site rehabilitation experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to work within a team environment
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders
- 5-2, 4-3 Roster ideally, however willing to consider other roster options
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- DIDO - Meals & Accommodation provided by the company
- OR Reside Locally - $15,000 Net Residential Allowance
- Short Term Incentive Program, reviewed quarterly
- Employee Assistance Program
Tritton Copper Operations is a long life copper operation located near the towns of Nyngan and Cobar in central New South Wales that commenced production in 2005. One hundred percent owned and operated by Aeris Resources, Tritton forms the cornerstone of Aeris copper production.
Tritton comprises an underground mining complex feeding a 1.8 million tonne per annum conventional processing plant. Copper concentrate produced at the operation is railed to the Port of Newcastle for export to customers internationally. The current mine life is 8 years, the mine plan for Tritton extends to FY2030.Our Process Our people rock!
While our main business is copper, zinc and gold, we consider our people to be one of our most valuable resources. As part of the recruitment process, there are checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks. The types of checks conducted will depend on the role you are applying for. Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Aeris Resources is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We celebrate what makes us unique. Applications from people of all cultural background, ages, sexualities and genders is encouraged.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate they have the legal right to work in Australia.To find out more about Aeris Resources visit www.aerisresources.com.au