DISCOVER A BRIGHTER FUTURE
At South32, we’re meeting the challenge of enabling a sustainable future through our focus on responsibly producing commodities critical for a low-carbon world.
As a collaborative, caring and inclusive company, there’s no better place to make a genuine difference. Together we’re making a positive, global impact that has the potential to change lives.
Whatever career path you choose, we’ll support you every step of the way to learn, grow and succeed. So join us, step towards a brighter future and leave your legacy.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is an open-cut mine that is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963
WHAT SOUTH32 OFFERS
- 26 weeks full-paid, or 52 weeks half-paid parental leave for primary carers
- Become a shareholder of South32 through our share plans
- Options for additional superannuation contributions
- Residential option offers low-cost living and generous reimbursable family Holiday Travel Assistance
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a permanent position on a 7:7 roster, FIFO from Darwin or Cairns or residential on Groote Eylandt. Domestic relocation assistance to Alyangula, Darwin, or Cairns from anywhere in Australia provided.
As the Senior Short-Term Planning Engineer, you will lead and develop GEMCO’s short-term mine plan (including scheduling and design). In addition, you will coordinate with execution and improvement teams to identify and actively participate in operational improvement initiatives.
Other key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to South32’s values
- Act as a safety leader role model for team
- Work closely with the mid-term planning teams to integrate and deliver an actionable mine plan
- Actively engage and liaise with key stakeholders to achieve plan compliance
You will have experience and demonstrate capability in the following:
- A commitment to safety and continuous improvement
- Extensive experience working in a technical or operation role in an open cast mining environment
- Previous experience in a similar role and with a passion to develop and lead a small team
- Expert with mine design and scheduling software packages (Vulcan, XACT, and Spry preferred)
- Ability to build networks and relationships with key stakeholders across site
Qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering (or equivalent with relevant experience)
South32 is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we operate. We provide a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
This job advert will close on 28th February 2024.