Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Cadia operation is now recruiting for a SENIOR SPECIALIST – COMMUNITY RELATIONS within the SOCIAL PERFORMANCE team.
Operations near and far
Newmont Cadia is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Superintendent – Social Performance, the Senior Specialist – Community Relations will be the site lead for delivering effective communications to key stakeholders and community members to support the site’s Social Licence to Operate (SLTO).
You will work within the Cadia Social Performance Plan to support, enhance and build on long-term relationships with key community stakeholders based on trust and timely and appropriate responsiveness to expectations.
In addition, you will design and deliver a proactive Communications and Media Plan that focuses on direct communication and media management. The Plan will include a suite of communications including site reports, internal and external communications, award submissions, fact sheets and presentations, as required.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage an efficient and responsive crisis management program, focusing on the delivery of communications, engagement activities and media management, while protecting the site’s SLTO
- Drive and nurture ongoing relationships with key stakeholders, government representatives and community members to support the site’s reputation
- Delivery of the site’s brand management, including management of the site’s website, social media platforms, external communications tools, community reports and community records database (Borealis), and overall reputational management tools.
- Ensure all activities are carried out consistent with Cadia’s Safety Management System, the Cadia Social Performance Plan and annual work plans.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing & communication skills and demonstrated experience in internal and external communications, delivering influential community programs / projects / events, liaising with local and national media, advocating for community groups and delivering on a range of communication mediums.
You will also possess the following:
- Bachelor qualification in journalism / public relations / communications (or Equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience in journalism / communications / public relations / community engagement, preferably in an industry / resource sector field (or transferable skills)
- Experience in delivering targeted, effective communication across multiple communications platforms
- Proven experience in media management, including drafting media releases, holding statements and developing briefing documents for senior management
- Drivers Licence (manual), or commitment to learning to drive a manual.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.