At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are seeking a GIS professional to join the WAIO Geomatics team, reporting to the Superintendent for Geomatics. Our team is responsible for the provision of mapping and spatial data services to the BHP WA Iron Ore business and is an integral part of the Survey Capability. The Geomatics support team is based in Perth. The team is made up of Surveying and GIS professionals providing spatial support for colleagues based at each of our operations across the Pilbara. This role would be part of our Perth based team.
Our Geomatics team manages large scale regional imagery and digital terrain services, and numerous vector services primarily in an ESRI enterprise GIS environment. We also support customers with spatial improvement projects, analytics and reporting. We focus on providing our customers with integrated data solutions, and there are thousands of users of our services across different applications and environments.
The role being advertised would have the following key responsibilities:
- Manage our raster-based master terrain dataset (MTD) and imagery dataset (MID) – including data updates and customer support.
- Manage other datasets in the ArcGIS enterprise environment: ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, Data store, and Enterprise SDE.
- Create spatial data, web mapping services and other web based data products
- Support spatial analysis processes.
- Publish data to ArcGIS online for use in ArcGIS Field Maps.
- Provide GIS support to customers by way of coaching, but also to work on improving their way of working, through use of our GIS platform.
- Identify ways of improving our processes.
- Experience using FME and development languages for GIS would be an advantage
To be successful in the role, your experience and skills should include the following:
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management abilities.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver spatial data products and improvement projects.
- Demonstrated experience working in the ESRI enterprise GIS environment.
- A tertiary level qualification in a Spatial sciences discipline such as GIS or Surveying is preferred but not mandatory, with skills and experience being considered more important.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].