Superintendent Sustaining Capital Project Delivery, Cape Lambert
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Lead an interesting and challenging portfolio of rail civil projects.
- Monday to Friday Perth based role with regular travel to site.
Our Sustaining Capital division has one of the largest budgets and project goals in 2024 in Rio Tinto Iron Ore history and this role is a critical lever to our success. The Sustaining Capital project team delivers sustaining, improvement and technology projects across our Pilbara Operations incorporating 17 mines, 4 ports and 1700km of rail infrastructure.
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for a Superintendent Project Delivery to join our Sustaining Capital team, supporting our Rail Civil and Building projects /programs of work.
The scope of work you will be accountable for is challenging and diverse. You will work with established systems and processes, to deliver a portfolio of sustaining capital projects that support our rail operations to deliver Iron Ore in a safe and cost-effective manner.
This role is a great opportunity to show case your strong leadership and understanding of project and portfolio management across a diverse range of rail projects. Reporting to the Manager for Rail Project Delivery, you will provide leadership, development and support to a team of project professionals responsible for delivering a portfolio of projects from pre-feasibility study phase, through to implementation and closure of the project while your demonstrated ability to engage, connect and positively influence key stakeholders at all organizational levels will play a critical part to the effectiveness in this role.
You will be an inspiring role model and coach for positive behaviours, practices and processes to deliver results efficiently and maximise value.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Solid experience working within project leadership roles and be confident in effectively leading, mentoring and coaching team members as well as interfacing with senior leaders
- Strong stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills
- Strong multi discipline portfolio management experience, with the ability to define and implement project improvement initiatives to maximise capital efficiency
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving abilities to deliver solutions across an operation
- A current manual WA Driver’s license
- A degree in Engineering or relevant Project Management qualification would be beneficial
- Previous Experience working in a Rail environment would be beneficial
What we offer
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share program
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium –the world’s first to be certified “responsible” –helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
You will be based at our head office located in Perth Central Park building, working Monday to Friday with site travel required on a weekly basis.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close on the 19th of February 2024 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)