Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by great restaurants, wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
In addition, employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
As a Mining Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading a large mining team in the safe delivery of our panel cave PC1-2. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a new cave and lead a great team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the future caves of Cadia in a safe, cost-effective manner and in line with milestone delivery dates
- Leading and setting direction for the execution team of foremen, supervisors, and operators.
- Driving a culture that showcases the projects values.
- Collaborating with site and key stakeholders to ensure shared outcomes are considered and adequately managed.
- Effectively managing costs with an owner’s mind set
Our ideal candidate will have relevant operational experience. A Mining degree qualification and NSW Mining Engineering Manager certificate of competence would be advantageous but is not essential.
You will also possess:
- A strong commitment to workplace health and safety, and an ability to foster alignment and integration of key stakeholders
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A strong history in development mining, with experience in caving considered advantageous but not essential.
- Experience with managing large capital scopes of works.
- A strong commitment to business improvement and maximising safety and performance through bottom-up initiatives
Please note: This is a 5/2 (9 hours per day) or 9 days per fortnight (10 hours per day) residential role in Orange, NSW.
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.